Permanent Makeup Q&A
- Q．What is Permanent makeup?
- A．Permanent makeup is also called as "Cosmetic Tattoo".
Permanent makeup is possible through a procedure called micro-pigmentation in
which pigment is implanted into the dermal layer of the skin.
It can't be washed off, so you will have self-confidence in your natural face look.
- Q．Is it really permanent?
- A．The pigment is implanted into the dermal layer of the skin, so as your skin
changes, it will be faded gradually. The natural fading process takes years.
However, the pigment will stay in the skin, so it won't be gone completely.
- Q．How long will it last ?
- A．Every client's skin is different in how long it holds on to this pigment.
The results can last for 3-5years for eyebrows and 5-10 years for eyeliners in
Some will be faded in a year and others last more than 10 years.
- Q．Are the needles/pigments disposable?
- A．Yes. All of the products, such as needles, pigments are disposable.
The needles are sterilized and individually-packed. We show them to our clients
before we use to make it sure they are safe.
Clients' safety is our first priority.
- Q．Do you have a license for permanent makeup?
- A．A medical license is required to apply permanent makeup to clients in Japan.
However, in Hawaii State, the requirement is to have a tattoo license.
In Island Beauty, all artists are licensed, experienced and knowledgeable.
- Q．How do I decide the design?
- A．Permanent makeup will last for long period of time.
Therefore, we recommend a natural design which fit your facial structure and
We take much time on the consultation before the procedure starts.
We listen to what clients want very carefully and give them our professional
proposal that fit you best.
- Q．Is it painful?
- A．The sensation can differ from client to client. The client’s sensitivity is greatly
reduced with topical anesthetics before and throughout the treatment. Some clients
report a tingling sensation while others may experience slightly more discomfort.
Most of our clients say that it's much more painless than they expect.
Eyelash Extensions Q&A
- Q．What is Eyelash extensions ?
- A．Eyelash extensions is a beauty service to apply single synthetic eyelash to your
own natural eyelash to achieve a beautiful full luscious and long set of lashes that
are natural and you won't even feel they are there. No more mascara and save
your makeup time!
- Q．How long do they last ?
- A．Approximately 3-5 weeks.
It will depend on your natural eyelashes condition, what kinds of extensions you
choose, or how you respect your new lashes and take care of them. We will
explain how to take care eyelash extensions.
- Q．My natural eyelashes are short. Is it possible to apply eyelash extensions ?
- A．Yes. It is possible if your eyelashes are at least 2mm.
However, if your eyelashes are short, extensions might be fallen off soon.
If your eyelashes are healthy, there's no problem to apply lash extensions.
- Q．Do eyelash extensions make my own lashes fall out?
- A．No. They don't if you have your lash extensions applied by a qualified and
experienced artist with a proper technique. The eyelashes have a growth cycle and
are constantly being replaced like your hair. When you have extensions, your
lashes are thick and long, so it's just more noticeable than before when your lashes
are fallen off. Also, it is very important not to touch or rub your lashes.
- Q．Will the procedure hurt ?
- A．No, because, neither the eyelash extensions nor glue ever touch your skin.
In rare case, some sensitive clients feel a little sting before the glue dries up.
However, it's really rare and short time.
Therefore, we ask you to close your eyes during the procedure.
- Q．What kind of products are you using ?
- A．We use only Japanese high quality products. All of the products such as
synthetic eyelashes, glue, remover are from one of the top eyelash brands in